Recently, an agreement with Australia-based Transurban will result in the construction of the proposed 10-mile Interstate 95 express lanes extension in Stafford as well as an influx of money to pay for the northbound Rappahannock River crossing, a major project that has been stuck in limbo. That is on top of the work currently under way to improve the Exit 130 interchange, and add collector-distributor lanes between Exit 133 and Exit 130 and a new southbound bridge over the river. Construction will begin in summer 2018 and will be completed in 2022. Read more>>
There are no upcoming events at this time.
- Stafford Hospital turns 9 today
- Huge economic development opportunity centers on Stafford Regional Airport
- New law to allow dogs in breweries, wineries
- US mortgage rates up for 8th week; 30-year at 4.43 percent
- Stafford planners recommend repeal of controversial “cluster subdivision” ordinance, despite threats of lawsuits